Friday, February 15, 2013

Welcome home, Eli.

You know that moment when you're just so overcome with pure joy and happiness for someone? It doesn't happen as much as you'd hope, but when it does... when you feel it... it's amazing and takes over your heart. I woke up at 3 am to this on my phone...


Last night one of my best friends had her baby; he's a 7.5 pound, 18 inch, healthy baby boy. I can't tell you how happy I am for her. She's going to be an amazing mother and I cannot wait to spoil this little turd. He has no idea how many people are in love with him.

Seriously, you guys I started CRYING when I opened my phone. I don't even know myself anymore. I'm a puddle. I do know, all the sudden (as in the last few weeks), I have reconsidered my "on the fence about children" thoughts... and then this guy happened and my heart... I don't know! But I can't steal this baby, she's one of my best friends, you guys... but he's so perfect, I want him.

If you hadn't guessed, this is why my heart is so overcome with joy and happiness today. I'm just so... happy and in love... I can't even think how his mom, Sarah, must feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment