Friday, February 8, 2013

Weird weather calls for orange heels

Sweater: Old Navy// Skirt: Anthropologie// Heels: Urban

Let us pretend that second picture isn't blurry and that my skirt isn't turned. Lets also pretend I DON'T NEED A HAIRCUT. This mane is out of control, especially after I wash it (hence today). 

Weather talk: the weather is great lately... or maybe my body is just being normal and not at a constant 75 degrees instead of the norm.

In other [exciting] news, I totally shotgunned my coffee this morning. Like, record speed, seriously, it's gone and I haven't been here 30 minutes. 

In serious thoughts, I was talking to a friend over dinner and we started talking about our ways of "dealing with shit." People deal with things a lot of ways, and my way has been one of two, I either talk about it, get it off my chest (this is usually when I feel comfortable enough to speak about the situation/with the person) or I do the reallylllyyyllyyyyylyy adult thing and pull away, disappear and give up on said situation/person. 

So once I had this friend that I couldn't bear to tell was making me feel weird, there was advice given (not the advice I needed [wanted] to hear), and a lot of "momma bear talks." During these times I wanted to cuss and scream and I wanted to be consoled and encouraged to cuss and scream, not talked to like I was 12.5. Big girls speak up and say that, I backed away and disappeared. Granted, it's hard to approach that situation properly when you're just pissed off and making a stank face throughout the time spent talking. Even to this day I don't know how I'd go back and approach the situation in a gracious fashion, but it taught me a lesson. Sometimes speaking your mind isn't a bad idea, because honestly people don't know. I had to sit myself down and wonder if I'd really know what someone was thinking, especially since I wasn't blessed with Miss Cleo super powers. Lesson be... it's probably best to talk about said "shit." Yanno, being 25 and all... adult stuff. Glad we can all agree. Kbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment