Thursday, June 13, 2013

Let Go And...*

Whale Bow Shirt (!!!): Anthropologie// Skirt: Target// Orange Heels: Urban

When it comes to love I am a firm believer in letting things happen, but there are times where I can't take my own advice. I had a lengthy conversation recently about moments, moments you feel all the shit you love feeling and miss when you realize you're not having them.

After you've had your heartbroken these moments seem fewer and farther between, you almost feel like it's not worth it, that attachment merely equals a moment you realize it won't work out for all the reasons in the world. I'm not going to lie, when once I was a love-driven individual, I've kind started to feel like the old hag of love-driven things - like a sad country song. I keep notice the times I let go and love, they create moments, moments I remember, I look back on, moments I keep. Maybe that's the problem? A person keeping those moments after the heartache slaps them in the face.

I tend to hate that people get more concerned with being concerned in a relationship than looking forward to moments; people get caught up in so much of the world around them, the concerns of others leaking into their heads, they forget that their relationship should reflect them and personally, I want mine to be full of moments. Trust me- you'll always, always, always smile when you remember hide'n seek in a dark house lit by only candles, or being pushed on a secluded swing in the middle of a brisk winter night. I remember those and no matter what I always smile.

I have to remember those moments are worth it, worth waiting on, worth looking forward to, worth letting go... worth letting yourself open up to be hurt, if that comes along, because that's what love is, right? It's finding someone that could potentially break all your hearts, make moments, and maybe getting in a few arguments along the way (hey, I'm a realist).

So then we must end it with *...Love the shit out of whomever you want, through whatever you want, for as long as you want, whenever the hell you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment