Friday, September 14, 2012


I am so excited about fall.

I really enjoy cool mornings and when the sun is shines, but doesn't burn my skin. I like boots and a good pumpkin ale. I remember driving through Tennessee a lot in the fall. Alabama is great, but I find a portion of my heart always lingering in Tennessee. I have met such great people in Tennessee and the fall colors seem to be brighter in Tennessee, and the air crisper. I have such fond memories of that state and I visit less and less, until lately. Lately, I am getting my fix of the Tennessee air, when I'm there I feel at home, I know the roads, the place that makes the best egg sandwich, the church that makes me feel most welcome, and the location of the best record store. I love my home town, do NOT get me wrong, I am so lucky to have been brought up in such a great place and surrounded by only the best people ever, but I can't say my itch to visit Tennessee is ever gone.

Someone once told me to visit Maine in the fall, every fall I think about this(see above photo). Maine in the fall has become somewhat of an unforgettable lyric to me. I can't unthink it and every year I want to see it more. So my vow is to visit Maine in the fall before I turn 28; that gives me a good 3 years to get there, which gives me 3 falls to wish... maybe 2, whatever! Maybe I'll just go this fall.

Until then, I'll just continue to wear my boots and eat my egg sandwiches, but I won't take my drives through Tennessee for granted anymore. I'll stop and look at the trees and I'll drink my coffee outside, maybe I'll even buy a record player.

5 comments:

  1. I love fall, it's my favorite season. I've never been to Maine during fall but I have been there in summer, and it's gorgeous!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for fall either! It's so hot here in California. I usually love the hot weather, but after 6 weeks of 90 degree weather, I'm so ready fo sweater weather. Can't wait to see pictures of Tennessee in the fall, keep us posted.

    Eau de Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. After a whole summer of never getting below 90 degrees i'm legitimately done with pools, heat, and sweating.

      Delete
  3. Sounds amazing! I love fall! Perfect post darling

    ReplyDelete